IntellivisionRevolution Forums
Welcome to the official IntellivisionRevolution Forum!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the official IntellivisionRevolution Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum

I forgot my password

Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of IntellivisionRevolution Forums on your social bookmarking website

Who is online?
In total there are 27 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 27 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 189 on Sun 22 Sep 2013, 8:05 am
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

The Intellivision Forums
Statistics
We have 463 registered users
The newest registered user is greenturtle39

Our users have posted a total of 4155 messages in 882 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

The Intellivision Forums

You are not connected. Please login or register

Intellivision Gaming Party

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Intellivision Gaming Party Empty Intellivision Gaming Party Thu 20 Aug 2015, 5:58 pm

TestaOn

Janitor
Janitor

I'd like your opinion and ideas.

So, I am organizing an Intellivision gaming party at my house.  It would be a dream of probably all of us to have a room full of INTV gamers that can compete on a high level on dozens of games.  In my case, it'd be nice to have one more person that can compete on any level that actually wants to play with me.

Anyway, I am organizing this party with mostly people that are "new" to Intellivision. I have four systems including 2 Flashbacks.  So theoretically, we could play the same game on all systems at the same time.

What games would be best:

1. ...to put out in front of new gamers for PARTY FUN?

2. ...for a INTV TOURNAMENT either at the end of the night or at a second gathering.

Thanks for your input.

2Intellivision Gaming Party Empty Re: Intellivision Gaming Party Thu 20 Aug 2015, 9:12 pm

TrekMD

TrekMD

For Party Fun and for a Tournament: Beauty and the Beast, D2K Arcade, Burger Time, Lady Bug, Lock'N'Chase, Locomotion, and Night Stalker.

https://plus.google.com/+EugenioAngueira

3Intellivision Gaming Party Empty Re: Intellivision Gaming Party Thu 20 Aug 2015, 10:23 pm

TestaOn

Janitor
Janitor

I've got all those games except D2K. Funny that none of your picks are on the Flashback (except maybe Night Stalker). Maybe Locomotion is too but I don't remember it there.

My nephews who are in high school and college now have enjoyed Snafu since they were about 6 or so. They used to crack up so hard when they played. The three of them and I used to grapple over who got the controllers next.

I've got one copy of Super Chef BT. That will surely be a crowd pleaser.

4Intellivision Gaming Party Empty Re: Intellivision Gaming Party Thu 20 Aug 2015, 10:26 pm

TrekMD

TrekMD

Super Chef BT will certainly be a crowd pleaser. If you don't have Locomotion, Happy Trails is a similar alternative. Smile

https://plus.google.com/+EugenioAngueira

5Intellivision Gaming Party Empty Re: Intellivision Gaming Party Tue 25 Feb 2020, 11:03 am

intylab

intylab

For a party with newbies, you would want games that are recognizable and fun, with easy play control since the controller is the most common objection.

If you know the audience, you can decide ahead what type of games to go for.  If they were Football junkies for example, they might enjoy the original NFL Football with the Playbooks.  Or maybe if they were D&D fans, let two of them at a time take a crack at Swords & Serpents.

I designed FUBAR with the intention of having a multiplayer party game for Intellivision, so I would personally go with that, along with Ultimate Pong and Super Soccer for starters.

For simple arcade-style fun for two players, among the third-party titles there are Demon Attack, River Raid, and Beamrider.  For Mattel games, you can't go wrong with Triple Action, SNAFU, Shark Shark, or even Sharp Shot (Space Gunner).

The arcade ports should need little mention.  Burgertime would be my first pick, and then Lock & Chase, Bump & Jump, Pac-Man, Dig Dug, Ladybug, Frogger, Q*Bert, and then Venture. Maybe Commando as well.

Then there are the other indie titles.  Besides the two I already listed, my immediate picks are: Stonix, Space Patrol, Ms. Pac-Man, and pretty much anything released by Elektronite.

https://linktr.ee/intylab

6Intellivision Gaming Party Empty Re: Intellivision Gaming Party Tue 25 Feb 2020, 11:14 am

Intymike

Intymike
Rookie
Rookie

I can recommend Paddle Party and from there Air Hockey.
The people love it.

Intellivision Gaming Party Fullsi10

7Intellivision Gaming Party Empty Re: Intellivision Gaming Party Tue 25 Feb 2020, 11:20 am

intylab

intylab

Paddle Party was an Elektronite release I believe. That's why I left that out, along with DIIK. Their tagline "Quality games for your Intellivision" is no joke. Any of their other titles are good as well: Hover Bovver, Steamroller, Miner 2049er, Boulderdash, Old School, and any of the Koi Magazine titles. I would possibly leave out Defender of the Crown if the target audience isn't familiar with it.

8Intellivision Gaming Party Empty Re: Intellivision Gaming Party Tue 25 Feb 2020, 11:25 am

Intymike

Intymike
Rookie
Rookie

intylab wrote:Paddle Party was an Elektronite release I believe.  That's why I left that out, along with DIIK.  Their tagline "Quality games for your Intellivision" is no joke.  Any of their other titles are good as well: Hover Bovver, Steamroller, Miner 2049er, Boulderdash, Old School, and any of the Koi Magazine titles.  I would possibly leave out Defender of the Crown if the target audience isn't familiar with it.

I mentioned Air Hockey because it's a real party multiplayer gem.

If you have an ECS and enough controllers try the 4 player games for Intellivision: World Cup Soccer, Fubar and Pong 4 from Ultimate Pong.

9Intellivision Gaming Party Empty Re: Intellivision Gaming Party Tue 25 Feb 2020, 11:34 am

intylab

intylab

That's right. Air Hockey was one of the games within Paddle Party. I always remember the one where you're in Outer Space, trying to avoid fireballs while simultaneously playing Pong against a CPU opponent.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum