IntellivisionRevolution Forums
Welcome to the official IntellivisionRevolution Forum!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the official IntellivisionRevolution Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum

I forgot my password

Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of IntellivisionRevolution Forums on your social bookmarking website

Who is online?
In total there are 19 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 19 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 189 on Sun 22 Sep 2013, 8:05 am
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

The Intellivision Forums
Statistics
We have 463 registered users
The newest registered user is greenturtle39

Our users have posted a total of 4155 messages in 882 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

The Intellivision Forums

You are not connected. Please login or register

PS1 vs PS2 vs PS3

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1PS1 vs PS2 vs PS3 Empty PS1 vs PS2 vs PS3 Sat 31 Mar 2012, 1:09 pm

sloan

sloan

In your opinion, is PS3 automatically the better system, with PS2 being 2nd and PS1 being 3rd? PS1 has an extensive library for sure, and I see some on other gaming forums who automatically write it off because of triangulated graphics. Despite that, I probably play PS1 over PS2 on a 2:1 ratio. I don't own PS3, but haven't seen anything in the stores that screams "gotta have" for that console.

2PS1 vs PS2 vs PS3 Empty Re: PS1 vs PS2 vs PS3 Sun 01 Apr 2012, 10:41 pm

Rev

Rev
Admin
Admin

You know what is weird?

I have more PS2 games than PS3. I have almost all of the classic game compilations for PS2. Cool

http://www.intvrevolution.com

3PS1 vs PS2 vs PS3 Empty Re: PS1 vs PS2 vs PS3 Mon 02 Apr 2012, 2:10 pm

sloan

sloan

Its not weird having more PS2 than PS3 games. Just depends on which system there were more games you felt compelled to buy. As I said, I haven't seen any current gen games in the stores that scream "must have", so no need to buy for me, plus I have so many classic systems and games I can never play them all anyway.

But to the Sony systems: Graphics do not automatically a good game make. There are some highly enjoyable games on PS1 that get overlooked due to graphics alone and that is unfair.

4PS1 vs PS2 vs PS3 Empty Re: PS1 vs PS2 vs PS3 Tue 15 May 2012, 8:32 pm

GatorDude

Rookie
Rookie

Interesting discussion. I never really upgraded from the PS1. I've got an extensive library of games and I'm happy with them. We have a Wii, but it has gotten little play time. I'm not really that gung-ho about playing games via the internet. I think a PS2 might be worthwhile as a sit on your butt non-internet video game system. Plus, with the economy being the way it is, it'll be a long time before I pay for a $50 game again.

http://thewatchdude.blogspot.com/

5PS1 vs PS2 vs PS3 Empty Re: PS1 vs PS2 vs PS3 Tue 15 May 2012, 9:33 pm

sloan

sloan

The funny thing is that I never intended to collect for PS1. It just happened. I saw so many good looking PS1 games at Goodwill stores for $1-$3 each that I just couldn't pass them up. I now have about 600 PS1 titles.

PS2 is actually a good system to collect for at present because so many good games can be found for cheap. I just went to Goodwill today and got three PS2 games for $4 each. I am sure that will not continue indefinitely, so take advantage while you can.

I never say never, but probably won't ever own Wii/360/PS3 generation systems unless they show up at thrifts for dirt cheap in the future.

6PS1 vs PS2 vs PS3 Empty Re: PS1 vs PS2 vs PS3 Tue 10 Jul 2012, 9:02 pm

onthinice

onthinice
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

I do not have a PS3. I like the PS1 better than the PS2. Wow sloan! That is alot of PS1 titles!

7PS1 vs PS2 vs PS3 Empty Re: PS1 vs PS2 vs PS3 Wed 11 Jul 2012, 10:08 pm

sloan

sloan

Y, but not many when you consider something like 2,200 total released games for PS1. As a rule, I never pay more than $3 for a PS1 game. Just lots of good charity thrifts in my area, I guess.

8PS1 vs PS2 vs PS3 Empty Re: PS1 vs PS2 vs PS3 Wed 11 Jul 2012, 10:49 pm

onthinice

onthinice
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

I have a friend who collects like that but he always says "I do not buy sports titles". Which is a shame because the PS one has some really good sport titles.

9PS1 vs PS2 vs PS3 Empty Re: PS1 vs PS2 vs PS3 Fri 24 Aug 2012, 10:21 pm

sloan

sloan

My favorite PSX sports games are the early NFL Gameday titles, before 989 took over. The play selection menu is better than Madden, and the games overall just have a quicker, more crisp feel to the on-screen action.

10PS1 vs PS2 vs PS3 Empty Re: PS1 vs PS2 vs PS3 Sat 25 Aug 2012, 1:37 am

onthinice

onthinice
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

What are some of your favorite sports years sloan?

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum