IntellivisionRevolution Forums
Welcome to the official IntellivisionRevolution Forum!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the official IntellivisionRevolution Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum

I forgot my password

Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of IntellivisionRevolution Forums on your social bookmarking website

Who is online?
In total there are 15 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 15 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 189 on Sun 22 Sep 2013, 8:05 am
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

The Intellivision Forums
Statistics
We have 463 registered users
The newest registered user is greenturtle39

Our users have posted a total of 4155 messages in 882 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

The Intellivision Forums

You are not connected. Please login or register

Collectorvision Intellivision homebrews for 2021

+3
mdoerty
intylab
Rev
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Rev

Rev
Admin
Admin

Any news on Collectorvision for 2021? Do they have any games coming up this year?

http://www.intvrevolution.com

intylab

intylab

I was wondering the same thing. If I'm not mistaken, there wasn't an Intellivision CollectorVision club last year, but I did get in the year before and got the exclusive physical game.

Kraut5357! likes this post

https://linktr.ee/intylab

mdoerty

Rookie
Rookie

Just looking at their release pattern, it appears their emphasis -- and their success -- is on Colecovision.
Their Intellivision Club never hit capacity -- while the CV Club sells out each year.

Rev

Rev
Admin
Admin

I wonder why?

http://www.intvrevolution.com

mdoerty

Rookie
Rookie

Rev wrote:I wonder why?

I think since the CV is slightly newer and basically an MSX variant, it is much easier to program. So it has become the go-to machine for early 1980s arcade conversions.

TrekMD

TrekMD

They did include Intellivision games with the 2021 CV club membership. That was a nice surprise to me.

https://plus.google.com/+EugenioAngueira

cmadruga

Rookie
Rookie

They got Gooninuff ;-)
Not sure about release dates.

mdoerty

Rookie
Rookie

TrekMD wrote:They did include Intellivision games with the 2021 CV club membership.  That was a nice surprise to me.

Do you mean access to the ROMs of their past games?
Or do they have something else planned (which I never saw posted on their page).

Kraut5357! likes this post

Intymike

Intymike
Rookie
Rookie

We didn't behave well enough, so they don't love us anymore.

At one point they said that the Intellivision games sell better than the Colevovision games. But after all they mostly sold us the Intellivision games twice with slightly different box variations.

mdoerty and Steve Jones like this post

mdoerty

Rookie
Rookie

Intymike wrote:We didn't behave well enough, so they don't love us anymore.

At one point they said that the Intellivision games sell better than the Colevovision games. But after all they mostly sold us the Intellivision games twice with slightly different box variations.

The CV is easier probably easier to program for and easier to manufacture -- so I think there is a greater profit potential there.

Intymike

Intymike
Rookie
Rookie

mdoerty wrote:

The CV is easier probably easier to program for and easier to manufacture -- so I think there is a greater profit potential there.

I don’t think that the CV is much easier to develop on than the Inty since IntyBasic is around.

mdoerty

Rookie
Rookie

Intymike wrote:
mdoerty wrote:

I don’t think that the CV is much easier to develop on than the Inty since IntyBasic is around.

I was thinking traditionally. I also know that the CV is in the MSX family of consoles (or similar to it). So porting games from other consoles has been big -- which is not something you can really do with an Intelly.

I also know talking to some developers that the Intellivision market was stronger a few years ago. I wonder what the CV market will be like in a few years when the main owners are in their 50s (like the Inelly is now).

intylab

intylab

I wouldn't argue that the Intellivision indie market was stronger a few years ago. More to the point, it was undersaturated until IntyBASIC caught on. The original 2005 release of SameGame & Robots had at least 250 copies produced. (The early batch I think had only 100 or 150 copies, but they all sold out, so a second batch was made. That was before the 2012 reissue.)

https://linktr.ee/intylab

mdoerty

Rookie
Rookie

intylab wrote:I wouldn't argue that the Intellivision indie market was stronger a few years ago.  More to the point, it was undersaturated until IntyBASIC caught on.  The original 2005 release of SameGame & Robots had at least 250 copies produced.  (The early batch I think had only 100 or 150 copies, but they all sold out, so a second batch was made.  That was before the 2012 reissue.)

EDIT: I just reread the message above and realized that I misread it a bit. So I added the word "Agreed" to show that I am now expanding upon the quoted post rather than debating it.

Agreed. What I meant by "stronger" that there was more demand.  In part, that may have been there was less supply. As has been noted,  before the advent of IntyBASIC, it was much harder to produce games. So fewer came out. Now, there is much more on the market (once people can source parts). So each sells less as there is more supply and thus less demand -- so a developer, the market is not as "strong."

That all being said, and given everything that I have said, I am still not sure why the CV is more popular than the Intellivision. Both sold about the same amount (if anything, there might be more Intellvisions out there because it was 3M CVs and 3M Intellys pre-crash with no accurate number post-crash (though I once saw a 6M total speculated). Plus a CV power supply alternative is much harder to source.

Steve Jones

I think the Intellivision club didn't do that well because it was $150 for basically one new surprise game and (eventually) access to 10? roms, for games most of us had already bought, often in multiple box versions. They initially said we would have access to the 50 or so coleco roms then reneged on that. And they gave us a $10 off coupon but haven't released any Intellivision games since then to actually use it for. The Coleco club seemed like a much better deal in my opinion.

Intymike likes this post

mdoerty

Rookie
Rookie

Steve Jones wrote:I think the Intellivision club didn't do that well because it was $150 for basically one new surprise game and (eventually) access to 10? roms, for games most of us had already bought, often in multiple box versions. They initially said we would have access to the 50 or so coleco roms then reneged on that. And they gave us a $10 off coupon but haven't released any Intellivision games since then to actually use it for. The Coleco club seemed like a much better deal in my opinion.

I had forgotten about the $10 coupon. I am not even sure where mine is (or if I ever got it, to be honest).

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum