IntellivisionRevolution Forums
Welcome to the official IntellivisionRevolution Forum!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the official IntellivisionRevolution Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum

I forgot my password

Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of IntellivisionRevolution Forums on your social bookmarking website

Who is online?
In total there are 36 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 36 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 189 on Sun 22 Sep 2013, 8:05 am
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

The Intellivision Forums
Statistics
We have 463 registered users
The newest registered user is greenturtle39

Our users have posted a total of 4155 messages in 882 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

The Intellivision Forums

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kind of sad

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Kind of sad Empty Kind of sad Wed 12 Dec 2012, 7:22 pm

sloan

sloan

I went to a used game store earlier today, picked up a few Genesis and 2600 games that were cheaply priced, and headed for the checkout counter. The clerk noticed the 2600 games I had selected and asked if I was interested in 'rarer' 2600 stuff. Of course, I said,'Yes I am'. He went to the back room and brought out a large plastic storage bin chock full of 2600 cartridges, even a few new-in-shrinkwrap ones in that mix. He stated that a guy sold him his 2600 collection a while back, and this was the remains. The tub had mid-range rarities like Miner 2049er, Name This Game, and Road Runner, and even some homebrews in very good condition. He had Pac Man Arcade from the AA store, along with Defender Arcade, Dungeon, Bachelor Party, etc. The guy was obviously a collector of 2600 stuff and for some unknown (at least to me) reason decided to sell/trade it to this used game shop. Now, knowing how used game shops operate, I am guessing he got nowhere near fair market value for that stuff. My thought whenever I come across stuff like that is that most likely someone lost a job, got divorced, or some other personal tragedy that forced him/her to sell off a solid collection of gaming stuff. Kind of sad indeed. Neutral

2Kind of sad Empty Re: Kind of sad Thu 13 Dec 2012, 9:28 am

onthinice

onthinice
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

That is sad. Hopefully things work out for the person that had to sell.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum