IntellivisionRevolution Forums
Welcome to the official IntellivisionRevolution Forum!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the official IntellivisionRevolution Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum

I forgot my password

Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of IntellivisionRevolution Forums on your social bookmarking website

Who is online?
In total there are 24 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 24 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 189 on Sun 22 Sep 2013, 8:05 am
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

The Intellivision Forums
Statistics
We have 463 registered users
The newest registered user is greenturtle39

Our users have posted a total of 4154 messages in 881 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

The Intellivision Forums

You are not connected. Please login or register

Anyone with a Yurkie Colecovision?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Anyone with a Yurkie Colecovision? Empty Anyone with a Yurkie Colecovision? Sat 06 Oct 2012, 9:06 pm

sloan

sloan

I have one coming my way next week. All the mods he does, ball knob controllers, straightened controller cords, pause button, Colecovision startup screen BIOS skip, and component A/V outputs. Plus, he fixed some strange video issues with the console so I am pretty stoked. Should be a pretty sweet system when it arrives.

2Anyone with a Yurkie Colecovision? Empty Re: Anyone with a Yurkie Colecovision? Sun 07 Oct 2012, 11:15 am

TrekMD

TrekMD

Cool, sound like it has some nice mods. Was it your own console that you sent in to have modded or did you purchase a modded console from him? I have considered doing the A/V mod for my 7800 but It works quite well with the signal booster I have set up on the TV, so I'm not sure I really need it.

https://plus.google.com/+EugenioAngueira

3Anyone with a Yurkie Colecovision? Empty Re: Anyone with a Yurkie Colecovision? Mon 08 Oct 2012, 10:49 pm

sloan

sloan

It was the console I found at Goodwill a few weeks back. My second CV, and I may send my other to him soon for some weird video issues. The guy is the best at what he does. Kudos to Yurkie.

4Anyone with a Yurkie Colecovision? Empty Re: Anyone with a Yurkie Colecovision? Wed 10 Oct 2012, 6:17 pm

TrekMD

TrekMD

That's good to know. Smile

5Anyone with a Yurkie Colecovision? Empty Re: Anyone with a Yurkie Colecovision? Thu 18 Oct 2012, 9:11 pm

sloan

sloan

I got it and it is exceptional, except that the video on the A/V port doesn't work. He asked me to return it and he will fix it plus reimburse me for shipping.

6Anyone with a Yurkie Colecovision? Empty Re: Anyone with a Yurkie Colecovision? Thu 18 Oct 2012, 9:13 pm

TrekMD

TrekMD

sloan wrote:I got it and it is exceptional, except that the video on the A/V port doesn't work. He asked me to return it and he will fix it plus reimburse me for shipping.

Glad that you got it but sorry that isn't working. At least he is doing the responsible thing, which speaks volumes about him. Smile

At this point, I've decided to just keep my consoles are they are. If/when TV's won't accept their type of input, then I'll just get it done. I really don't see the need for it right now as the signal looks perfectly clear with the signal booster I got.

7Anyone with a Yurkie Colecovision? Empty Re: Anyone with a Yurkie Colecovision? Fri 19 Oct 2012, 1:19 pm

onthinice

onthinice
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

I have been thinking about a system mod. They look really nice from the picks I have seen on AA.

8Anyone with a Yurkie Colecovision? Empty Re: Anyone with a Yurkie Colecovision? Fri 19 Oct 2012, 1:25 pm

TrekMD

TrekMD

I have been tempted but I'm beginning to feel that it is like altering a historical artifact! Smile

9Anyone with a Yurkie Colecovision? Empty Re: Anyone with a Yurkie Colecovision? Fri 19 Oct 2012, 1:30 pm

onthinice

onthinice
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

That is where I am torn. I'm glad old Colecovision are getting played but once you mod them they are no longer original.

10Anyone with a Yurkie Colecovision? Empty Re: Anyone with a Yurkie Colecovision? Sat 20 Oct 2012, 10:27 pm

sloan

sloan

I realize there are purists who think this is blasphemy, but it is my 2nd CV console, and I have always been impressed with Yurkie's mods.

11Anyone with a Yurkie Colecovision? Empty Re: Anyone with a Yurkie Colecovision? Sun 21 Oct 2012, 6:18 pm

TrekMD

TrekMD

sloan wrote:I realize there are purists who think this is blasphemy, but it is my 2nd CV console, and I have always been impressed with Yurkie's mods.

Oh, I don't see it as blasphemy. They are nice modifications for the consoles. If I had duplicate consoles, I'd likely do it since I'd know I'd still have an original system as well. I just don't have duplicates. Smile

12Anyone with a Yurkie Colecovision? Empty Re: Anyone with a Yurkie Colecovision? Mon 22 Oct 2012, 6:31 pm

sloan

sloan

I didn't mean it to sound as if I were singling you out. I have read it on other game forums where purists decry any mods whatsoever. To each his own, and I am not out to convert the entire population of existing CV's into mods. I know, if each person who owns one gets it modded, then none of the originals are to be found, but what are the odds of that happening?

13Anyone with a Yurkie Colecovision? Empty Re: Anyone with a Yurkie Colecovision? Mon 22 Oct 2012, 9:18 pm

TrekMD

TrekMD

sloan wrote:I didn't mean it to sound as if I were singling you out. I have read it on other game forums where purists decry any mods whatsoever. To each his own, and I am not out to convert the entire population of existing CV's into mods. I know, if each person who owns one gets it modded, then none of the originals are to be found, but what are the odds of that happening?

No worries. Smile Some people do take an attitude as if some crime against humanity is being done. That ain't me. Smile

14Anyone with a Yurkie Colecovision? Empty Re: Anyone with a Yurkie Colecovision? Tue 30 Oct 2012, 1:52 pm

onthinice

onthinice
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

After I last posted, I thought about which system we were talking about. The Coleco has a history of not having the best picture over time. So I think I would change my answer and say yes I would mod a spare Colecovision.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum