IntellivisionRevolution Forums
Welcome to the official IntellivisionRevolution Forum!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the official IntellivisionRevolution Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum

I forgot my password

Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of IntellivisionRevolution Forums on your social bookmarking website

Who is online?
In total there are 32 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 32 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 189 on Sun 22 Sep 2013, 8:05 am
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

The Intellivision Forums
Statistics
We have 463 registered users
The newest registered user is greenturtle39

Our users have posted a total of 4154 messages in 881 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

The Intellivision Forums

You are not connected. Please login or register

Your favorites mini games

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Your favorites mini games Empty Your favorites mini games Fri 07 Sep 2012, 9:01 pm

sloan

sloan

You know, the mini games that devs have hidden inside other games for generations.

Here's one of my favorites:

Sega Genesis Toy Story and the RC car race level. It is, to me, more fun the RC Pro Am ever was on NES way back when. I love how you have a time clock to beat and a number of prize stars to pick up along the way. This mini game could have been a game unto itself.

2Your favorites mini games Empty Re: Your favorites mini games Sat 08 Sep 2012, 12:03 am

onthinice

onthinice
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Hope I am on the same page sloan? Uncharted Waters(only have the Genesis version but I am sure they are all the same) had were you could play poker to earn money on your quest. I spent a lot of in game time playing just one more hand.

For hidden games Arnold Palmer Golf had a hidden shooter game. Pac-Man 2 for the Genesis/Snes had an arcade you could go into to play Pac-Man, Ms. Pac-Man and Pac-Man Junior. Only two per system. I think both had Pac-Man and Genesis had Pac Jr. while Snes had Ms. Pac-Man. Later version of Pitfall for the 32X and Jaguar had the original Pitfall hidden in the game.

3Your favorites mini games Empty Re: Your favorites mini games Sat 08 Sep 2012, 2:27 pm

sloan

sloan

onthinice wrote:Hope I am on the same page sloan? Uncharted Waters(only have the Genesis version but I am sure they are all the same) had were you could play poker to earn money on your quest. I spent a lot of in game time playing just one more hand.

For hidden games Arnold Palmer Golf had a hidden shooter game. Pac-Man 2 for the Genesis/Snes had an arcade you could go into to play Pac-Man, Ms. Pac-Man and Pac-Man Junior. Only two per system. I think both had Pac-Man and Genesis had Pac Jr. while Snes had Ms. Pac-Man. Later version of Pitfall for the 32X and Jaguar had the original Pitfall hidden in the game.

Interesting. I have Genesis Pac Man 2 in my collection and have never played it. This will give me good reason to try it out.

That Arnold Palmer game, was it on Sega Genesis? How did you access the shooter game?

Another comes to mind: Super Mario Bros. 2 for NES had a one-armed-bandit slot machine you played between levels to earn bonus lives and such. Never one for gambling but that little break in the action was always enjoyable.

4Your favorites mini games Empty Re: Your favorites mini games Sun 09 Sep 2012, 11:00 am

onthinice

onthinice
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Arnold Palmer Tournament Golf for the Genesis - Hit the ball 100 times on the first hole with-out landing on the green; the game will end. At the Game Over screen, press Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A. You can play a limited version of Fantasy Zone until you reset the game. WHEW!!!!!

Pac-Man 2 - PCMNORG at the password screen for orginal Pac-Man.
- PCJRDPW at the password screen to play Pac-Jr.

I remember when my nephew played Bugs Bunny's 50th Anniversary for the Nes it had some match game between levels to get points or extra lives.

5Your favorites mini games Empty Re: Your favorites mini games Sun 09 Sep 2012, 3:12 pm

sloan

sloan

Those are the type of codes and tips that need documented for future gamers. How many future players will even know about those secret in-game gems without some recorded history?

6Your favorites mini games Empty Re: Your favorites mini games Sun 09 Sep 2012, 4:56 pm

onthinice

onthinice
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Your favorites mini games Hints10

I agree sloan. Thankfully I bought this mag years ago.

7Your favorites mini games Empty Re: Your favorites mini games Sun 09 Sep 2012, 5:06 pm

onthinice

onthinice
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

So if anyone has any questions about hints or tips for the Nes, Snes or Genesis. I will be happy to look them up.

These seem to be really good. Some sites list tips then they usually will not work or they leave off part of the tip. Then when you try the code or cheat it will not work.

8Your favorites mini games Empty Re: Your favorites mini games Sun 09 Sep 2012, 9:00 pm

sloan

sloan

Could you look and see if there are any hidden goodies in Genesis Ms. Pac Man? I have always wondered about that one.

9Your favorites mini games Empty Re: Your favorites mini games Sun 09 Sep 2012, 10:26 pm

onthinice

onthinice
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

I could not find any but there were tips for Mr. Do for the Snes. Sometimes it lists tips for one system and you might be able to use the same for another. So I looked in the Snes section and seen the Mr. Do tip.

It does have Game Genie codes for Nes Ms. Pac-Man.

10Your favorites mini games Empty Re: Your favorites mini games Thu 13 Sep 2012, 9:38 am

onthinice

onthinice
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Nintendo GameCube - Star Wars: Rogue Suadron II - mini game alert - play using the Scout Walker for one level. Unlockable code.

11Your favorites mini games Empty Re: Your favorites mini games Mon 24 Feb 2020, 1:53 pm

intylab

intylab

Probably one of the most interesting is the game buried inside Battlezone 2000 for Atari Lynx. Somebody within Atari's Quality Assurance department woke up one last time and decided the game sucked, and so Atari started from scratch and left their first attempt hidden in the game and accessible through a cheat code.

https://linktr.ee/intylab

12Your favorites mini games Empty Re: Your favorites mini games Mon 24 Feb 2020, 7:40 pm

TrekMD

TrekMD

Yes, I remember when I first gave it a try. Now I have a cart of that version of the game that was made by one of the homebrew programmers. I got it for free at PRGE last year. No cheat code needed. Smile

https://plus.google.com/+EugenioAngueira

13Your favorites mini games Empty Re: Your favorites mini games Sat 12 Mar 2022, 10:13 pm

intylab

intylab

I used to love playing with the minigames on the Sega Dreamcast Visual Memory Units. Chao Adventure was great, and I loved Power Stone Mini. Among indies, there was a shmup called Alien Fighter.

https://linktr.ee/intylab

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum