IntellivisionRevolution Forums
Welcome to the official IntellivisionRevolution Forum!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the official IntellivisionRevolution Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum

I forgot my password

Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of IntellivisionRevolution Forums on your social bookmarking website

Who is online?
In total there are 25 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 25 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 189 on Sun 22 Sep 2013, 8:05 am
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

The Intellivision Forums
Statistics
We have 463 registered users
The newest registered user is greenturtle39

Our users have posted a total of 4154 messages in 881 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

The Intellivision Forums

You are not connected. Please login or register

Genesis/Master System game storage

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Genesis/Master System game storage Empty Genesis/Master System game storage Sat 12 May 2012, 9:44 pm

sloan

sloan

Didn't know how many might be aware, but there is a readily available solution for storage of loose Genesis and Master System game cartridges. It comes in the form o the wood grain three drawer cassette tape storage bins that are normally found at charity thrifts these days. Sega happened to size their Genesis and Master System game cartridges exactly the same dimensionally as audio cassette tapes. Seeing that many of the Sega games that are found in the wild are loose carts, this is a great storage option. The only games I have found that do not fit into these tape cases are the EA, Accolade, Sonic & Knuckles, and Virtua Racing carts because they are oversized compared to the standard cart casing. FYI.

2Genesis/Master System game storage Empty Re: Genesis/Master System game storage Thu 12 Jul 2012, 12:17 am

onthinice

onthinice
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Thanks sloan!! I use the wooden CD cases for my Nes games. But never thought about those cassette tape bins.

3Genesis/Master System game storage Empty Re: Genesis/Master System game storage Thu 12 Jul 2012, 7:52 pm

sloan

sloan

I am actually thinking about going to a wall-mounted cassette rack system for my loose Genesis and Master System game carts, to save space. I recently picked up three wall-mount cassette tape racks that hold about 60 tapes a piece. If I go to these, I may have a bunch of cassette drawer storage bins to get rid of.

4Genesis/Master System game storage Empty Re: Genesis/Master System game storage Fri 13 Jul 2012, 10:48 am

onthinice

onthinice
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Wall-mounted racks sound like a good idea.

I need to ask you first sloan for ideas. I went thrift shopping looking for drawer bins and found a couple but now wall-mounts sound better.

5Genesis/Master System game storage Empty Re: Genesis/Master System game storage Fri 13 Jul 2012, 7:57 pm

sloan

sloan

Also, all drawer storage units are not created equal. There are some that have very short dividers between tapes, and others where the dividers are a little taller. I always seek out the ones with taller dividers, as it helps to keep the game cartridges from falling out of their proper spaces.

6Genesis/Master System game storage Empty Re: Genesis/Master System game storage Sat 14 Jul 2012, 12:17 am

onthinice

onthinice
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Thanks! The last few years I have been more collector/player then player/collector. So I have been trying to make the most of my space.

7Genesis/Master System game storage Empty Re: Genesis/Master System game storage Thu 02 Aug 2012, 10:40 pm

sloan

sloan

I'm renovating my storage for games and systems. Recently bought a bunch of adjustable wall shelving, along with some drawer storage units, and these:

Genesis/Master System game storage 100_0213

Genesis/Master System game storage 100_0214

The great thing with these is that they don't care how tall the cartridges are, so EA, Accolade, Virtua Racing, etc. will fit fine, where they do not fit at all in the cassette drawer storage units. Plus, everything will be in plain sight, so easier to select a game for playing versus having to flip through numerous drawers before. Looks like I have about 10 drawer units that are about to be retired.

8Genesis/Master System game storage Empty Re: Genesis/Master System game storage Thu 02 Aug 2012, 10:44 pm

onthinice

onthinice
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Those are nice!!!

9Genesis/Master System game storage Empty Re: Genesis/Master System game storage Thu 02 Aug 2012, 10:51 pm

sloan

sloan

Y, the cool thing is they will fit VCS, CV, and INTV carts pretty easily as well. With a little altering of the width pillars, NES would fit right in as well. I got three of these at GW and SA for about $2 a piece.

10Genesis/Master System game storage Empty Re: Genesis/Master System game storage Thu 02 Aug 2012, 10:55 pm

onthinice

onthinice
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Wow! That is a good deal! I really like the smooth clean look!

11Genesis/Master System game storage Empty Re: Genesis/Master System game storage Thu 02 Aug 2012, 11:01 pm

sloan

sloan

I have seen them on epay listed for crazy prices like $40 each affraid

12Genesis/Master System game storage Empty Re: Genesis/Master System game storage Thu 02 Aug 2012, 11:04 pm

onthinice

onthinice
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

y, epay is right. Sad but until you told me how much I thought much higher.

13Genesis/Master System game storage Empty Re: Genesis/Master System game storage Sun 12 Aug 2012, 8:35 pm

onthinice

onthinice
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

I have this old book rack that someone set out for the garbage.
Five shelfs per side and I cut all but the bottom row. Spray painted it and can get at least
eight cases or boxes per shelf. Still have room on the bottom for books.

Genesis/Master System game storage Game_r10

14Genesis/Master System game storage Empty Re: Genesis/Master System game storage Mon 20 Aug 2012, 10:18 pm

sloan

sloan

Heads up. I think one or two posters on these forums are from Florida. .Here is a Craigslist guy that has many of the wooden tape racks for a reasonable price. If only I lived down that way...

15Genesis/Master System game storage Empty Re: Genesis/Master System game storage Sun 09 Sep 2012, 5:08 pm

onthinice

onthinice
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Wish I was closer as those are really nice. Someone got lucky!

16Genesis/Master System game storage Empty Re: Genesis/Master System game storage Sun 09 Sep 2012, 6:12 pm

sloan

sloan

I have done a couple long distance Craigslist deals by paying with paypal and covering shipping fees. These are kind of large and the shipping might be somewhat expensive though.

17Genesis/Master System game storage Empty Re: Genesis/Master System game storage Sun 09 Sep 2012, 6:14 pm

sloan

sloan

onthinice wrote:I have this old book rack that someone set out for the garbage.
Five shelfs per side and I cut all but the bottom row. Spray painted it and can get at least
eight cases or boxes per shelf. Still have room on the bottom for books.

Genesis/Master System game storage Game_r10

That is a nice rack, like Goodwills around my area have. Only thing is with my small house and large collection, those take up too much room. maybe one day I could have a house with a large finished basement...

18Genesis/Master System game storage Empty Re: Genesis/Master System game storage Sun 09 Sep 2012, 6:22 pm

onthinice

onthinice
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Thanks! You say that but then you would fill the basement with full size arcade machines! Laughing

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum