IntellivisionRevolution Forums
Welcome to the official IntellivisionRevolution Forum!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the official IntellivisionRevolution Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum

I forgot my password

Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of IntellivisionRevolution Forums on your social bookmarking website

Who is online?
In total there are 21 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 21 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 189 on Sun 22 Sep 2013, 8:05 am
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

The Intellivision Forums
Statistics
We have 463 registered users
The newest registered user is greenturtle39

Our users have posted a total of 4155 messages in 882 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

The Intellivision Forums

You are not connected. Please login or register

obscure arcade games you liked that mostly no one has heard of

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

sloan

sloan

Bega's Battle - A laser disc title from Data East that hit the arcades around 1985, AFAIK. It was really fun and involved laser blasting and fighting type game mechanics of CG sprites overlayed onto amazingly rendered laser disc backgrounds.

I, Robot - Atari's foray into polygonal 3D graphics. Think the graphics on Dire Straits Money for Nothing music video, and that is the graphic style, though nothing like the gameplay. Hard to describe the gameplay other than abstract concept where you play as a robot that has to hop and skip across polygonal blocks and landscapes, all while avoiding being zapped by the all-seeing eye at the top of the screen. If you succeed in evading the evil eye, then you blast off for a venture through space, blasting blocks and balls with your laser, and is successful, blasting the letters to spell, "I, Robot" whereby big bonus points occur. After the space level, its back to a different landscape to clear, and one of the more interesting has polygonal sharks that dash back and forth between rows of monoliths while you try to make your way to the all-seeing eye in the sky (maybe that what Alan Parsons Project was singing about after all?).

Make Trax - Think Pac Man, only far better. You are a paint roller trying to completely paint the floor of a maze a different color, but fish and invisible men keep messing up your work. Don't let the fish get your roller either, or it is sudden death. This deserved a port to Atari or Intellivision, but tragically never was ported to a console this side of the Pacific.

TrekMD

TrekMD

I'd never heard of either one of these as arcade games. I Robot sounds like it would be fun! Maybe they were thinking of Sauron's eye when they developed this game!

https://plus.google.com/+EugenioAngueira

sloan

sloan

I've said it in another thread: I will succeed in porting Make Trax either to INTV or 5200 consoles, maybe both, The game is that good in my mind, and only got ported to Famicom in japan. Give me some time, and I will be finished with my bachelor's in business administration late this year.

TrekMD

TrekMD

sloan wrote:I've said it in another thread: I will succeed in porting Make Trax either to INTV or 5200 consoles, maybe both, The game is that good in my mind, and only got ported to Famicom in japan. Give me some time, and I will be finished with my bachelor's in business administration late this year.

Sounds good to me! I have both consoles, so I'm ok with either one getting it. Wink

TrekMD

TrekMD

Found some images of Make Trax...

obscure arcade games you liked that mostly no one has heard of Maketrax

obscure arcade games you liked that mostly no one has heard of G33296z1odc

This page has a video of the gameplay also: Make Trax

And here is a picture for I, Robot and a link to a little info. I could see this one ported to the Jaguar.

obscure arcade games you liked that mostly no one has heard of _-I-Robot-Arcade-_

I, Robot

sloan

sloan

I have always believed that Sega 32X was the perfect system for a home port of I, Robot. Jaguar would probably do a good version as well. Those images bring back good memories. You might dismiss Make Trax as another Pac Man clone, but it is a unique game in its own right.,

TrekMD

TrekMD

After watching the video, I realized that I saw that game being played by a cousin of mine back in the day.

sloan

sloan

TrekMD wrote:After watching the video, I realized that I saw that game being played by a cousin of mine back in the day.

I, Robot or Make Trax?

TrekMD

TrekMD

sloan wrote:
TrekMD wrote:After watching the video, I realized that I saw that game being played by a cousin of mine back in the day.

I, Robot or Make Trax?

Make Trax. I,Robot I did not recognize at all.

onthinice

onthinice
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

I have played Make Trax several times. It just didn't register till the pictures.

I was thinking of something similar to Amidar or Pepper II. But Make Trax is better.

sloan

sloan

Things I love about Make Trax: The underpass and overpass in the center of the maze. Pac Man never had anything like that. Also, the two rollers in the center of the maze are speed boosters that allow you to paint over the fish, sort of a power up.

sloan

sloan

Another bit of Make Trax trivia: It was released as "Crush Roller" in Japan, and that is the name it was released on Famicom. I noticed that the youtube video above actually says, "Crush Roller" on the startup screen.

TrekMD

TrekMD

Cool! So, it has two potential names if it gets ported to other consoles as a homebrew. Wink

onthinice

onthinice
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

I hope it does!

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum