IntellivisionRevolution Forums
Welcome to the official IntellivisionRevolution Forum!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the official IntellivisionRevolution Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum

I forgot my password

Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of IntellivisionRevolution Forums on your social bookmarking website

Who is online?
In total there are 19 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 19 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 189 on Sun 22 Sep 2013, 8:05 am
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

The Intellivision Forums
Statistics
We have 463 registered users
The newest registered user is greenturtle39

Our users have posted a total of 4154 messages in 881 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

The Intellivision Forums

You are not connected. Please login or register

Attention: Rip Off Alert

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Attention: Rip Off Alert Empty Attention: Rip Off Alert Wed 18 Jan 2012, 12:12 am

Admin

Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Anyone's Ebay name or forum Name and what Forum anything happened on.

http://www.intvrevolution-forum.com

2Attention: Rip Off Alert Empty Re: Attention: Rip Off Alert Fri 03 Aug 2012, 11:24 pm

sloan

sloan

Ebay seller that goes by the name of mad-atari.

I ordered 7 VCS games from this guy over the past two weeks, and so far only two have arrived at my house.

Here is the kicker: He had the wrong description in his auctions for VCS China Syndrome and Cross Force, so they did not show up under standard searches for those game titles. He started the auctions at $1.99 each and I won both auctions at that price. After a week, he sent me a message through ebay mail saying he "could not find" Cross Force, so was holding off on shipping out that game and China Syndrome (separate auctions, mind you), and would I like him to substitute a different game for the "unfindable" Cross force? Even so, why would this hold up China Syndrome?

I responded tonight, telling him to ship China Syndrome ASAP and give me a list of substitutable games for Cross force. I also mentioned that something smelled funny about the whole affair, and questioned whether he did a "side deal" for one or both of these games.

Next thing you know, he responds that he is refunding me money for both Cross Force and China Syndrome, plus $2 for my trouble. Again, why is he not even shipping China Syndrome at this point? Again, the entire affair smells strongly of a secret side deal he made after the auction ended.

Needless to say, he now has two negative feedbacks on his user ratings.

Now, I have to wait and see if the final three games I ordered from this guy even arrive.

3Attention: Rip Off Alert Empty Re: Attention: Rip Off Alert Sat 04 Aug 2012, 12:08 am

onthinice

onthinice
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Sorry it happened! I hope the rest works out for you.

4Attention: Rip Off Alert Empty Re: Attention: Rip Off Alert Sat 04 Aug 2012, 12:16 am

TrekMD

TrekMD

What a pain! Sorry you've had to go through that crap. I've been purchasing on ebay for years and have had a snafu here and there but, for the most part, it has been just fine.

I am going to be posting some games for sale myself over the weekend.

https://plus.google.com/+EugenioAngueira

5Attention: Rip Off Alert Empty Re: Attention: Rip Off Alert Sat 04 Aug 2012, 1:45 pm

sloan

sloan

I've bought a lot through ebay over the years, and it has happened to me twice.

The other time, the seller was the infamous Lukiegames. I would never do business with that well known seller again.

I bid and won a N64 game (cannot remember the exact title anymore) and they came back a few days later and told me that they did not have the game to ship. Say what?!!! How does that kind of shenanigans even happen in the first place? In their effort to be "kind" they even offered to keep my money on hand until another copy of said game came in. Do I look like I am stupid?

I told them to refund my money immediately, and that I would leave negative feedback for them accordingly. They obviously know how to work the system, so they canceled the auction before I could leave feedback, so I couldn't leave feedback either way. They did refund the money to my paypal account.

A year or so later, I unwittingly attempted to bid on an other of lukiegames' auctions (what was I thinking?) and they had me blocked as a buyer on ebay. So, lukiegames limits the negative feedback by canceling auctions, and then refuses to do business with innocent victims in the future, most likely in an effort to keep their rep up on ebay.

Overall, lukiegames is a despicable outfit in my experience dealing with them.

6Attention: Rip Off Alert Empty Re: Attention: Rip Off Alert Sat 04 Aug 2012, 2:13 pm

TrekMD

TrekMD

I wonder if that is the same Lukie Games that is based out of Miami!? Seems to be the only retro store in the area!

7Attention: Rip Off Alert Empty Re: Attention: Rip Off Alert Sun 05 Aug 2012, 6:56 pm

sloan

sloan

I didn't realize they any brick and mortar shops. Have you ever been there? Their ebay prices are pretty fair to low, but I cannot deal with them, even in person.

8Attention: Rip Off Alert Empty Re: Attention: Rip Off Alert Sun 05 Aug 2012, 7:18 pm

TrekMD

TrekMD

sloan wrote:I didn't realize they any brick and mortar shops. Have you ever been there? Their ebay prices are pretty fair to low, but I cannot deal with them, even in person.

Never been there. I just found out about them recently. I do intend to go visit them to see what they have at the store.

9Attention: Rip Off Alert Empty Re: Attention: Rip Off Alert Mon 06 Aug 2012, 10:36 pm

sloan

sloan

Cool. I don't fault you at all, especially if game stores are few in your area. As I said, they seem to have cheaper prices on ebay, so you can probably find some good deals to be had.

10Attention: Rip Off Alert Empty Re: Attention: Rip Off Alert Mon 06 Aug 2012, 11:12 pm

TrekMD

TrekMD

sloan wrote:Cool. I don't fault you at all, especially if game stores are few in your area. As I said, they seem to have cheaper prices on ebay, so you can probably find some good deals to be had.

Yes, I particularly liked it when you said they had cheaper prices on ebay. I will try to go this coming weekend to check them out. Smile

11Attention: Rip Off Alert Empty Re: Attention: Rip Off Alert Sat 05 Jul 2014, 2:17 am

jasonlikesINTV

Rookie
Rookie

Stay away from eBay seller jer-eeze. I recently took a chance on this 'zero-feedback-member-since-2011' by winning an auction for $1 (just some odds and ends paperwork). He refunded my money, but with no reason and won't respond to messages. He obviously thought his pile of goodies was worth more than I won it for. Apparently, I'm not the only one he's done this to. Another buyer got burned on two items and left this negative feedback, "Reneged on sale, then unprovoked, TOLD ME TO GO F##K MYSELF!" Seller is very unprofessional and still has some overpriced Intellivision items for sale. BUYER BEWARE!

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]