Discuss Intellivision, Atari, Colecovision, Nintendo, and More!
Welcome to the IntellivisionRevolution Forums!
Discuss Intellivision, Atari, Colecovision, Nintendo, and More!

Have You Played Your Intellivision Today?

I forgot my password

Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking digg  Social bookmarking delicious  Social bookmarking reddit  Social bookmarking stumbleupon  Social bookmarking slashdot  Social bookmarking yahoo  Social bookmarking google  Social bookmarking blogmarks  Social bookmarking live      

Bookmark and share the address of Discuss Intellivision, Atari, Colecovision, Nintendo, and More! on your social bookmarking website

RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

The Intellivision Forums
Who is online?
In total there is 0 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 189 on Sun 22 Sep 2013, 8:05 am

You are not connected. Please login or register

Discuss Intellivision, Atari, Colecovision, Nintendo, and More! » The Intellivision Section » The Intellivision Forum » How to open a cartridge with no screws

How to open a cartridge with no screws

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 How to open a cartridge with no screws on Tue 20 Mar 2018, 12:06 pm

Xcursion666

Janitor
Janitor
So i recently got a free copy of mission x for the intellivision and it wont boot ive tried cleaning the contacts etc and nothing anyways is there any way to open the carts that have no screws i dont want to damage the shell

2 Re: How to open a cartridge with no screws on Tue 20 Mar 2018, 8:16 pm

TrekMD

I've had this question before. Here is an answer I found online posted by jaybird3rd:

There are a few different types of screwless cartridges. The INTV-era cartridges I own all have a square panel on the underside, and these look pretty much the same as the originals except that the panels are attached with plastic posts instead of screws (they might also have used some kind of adhesive). I don't know of any easy way to get these open without damaging the shell. The least-destructive way might be to use a 1/4" drill bit on the plastic posts (where the screw holes used to be; you can usually see the circle footprints), just enough to drill through the panel and separate it from the posts.

The "solid" shells (usually late Mattel and Intellivision Inc. releases) used a small plastic guide to secure the board. There is a pair of ridges molded into each of the side walls on the inside, and the cartridge board slides in between them. The plastic guide is then slipped in over the board fingers, and it has a pair of plastic tabs on the sides which snap into the ridges and hold the board in place. If your cartridge is one of these, you should be able to see the tabs if you look on either side of the board

https://plus.google.com/+EugenioAngueira

3 Re: How to open a cartridge with no screws on Tue 20 Mar 2018, 8:18 pm

Xcursion666

Janitor
Janitor
Thanks man im gonna check to see what one i have

4 Re: How to open a cartridge with no screws on Tue 20 Mar 2018, 8:23 pm

TrekMD

You're welcome!

https://plus.google.com/+EugenioAngueira

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]