IntellivisionRevolution Forums
Welcome to the official IntellivisionRevolution Forum!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the official IntellivisionRevolution Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum

I forgot my password

Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of IntellivisionRevolution Forums on your social bookmarking website

Who is online?
In total there are 32 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 32 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 189 on Sun 22 Sep 2013, 8:05 am
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

The Intellivision Forums
Statistics
We have 463 registered users
The newest registered user is greenturtle39

Our users have posted a total of 4154 messages in 881 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

The Intellivision Forums

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sports games for the genesis/mega drive

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Sports games for the genesis/mega drive Empty Sports games for the genesis/mega drive Fri 30 Nov 2012, 5:30 pm

kerran156

Hi guys,
I recently brought a mega drive (I'm in a PAL region) and it came with Newman/Haas Indy car racing, jewel master, and NBA showdown '94. I know these are all pretty average games but I've been playing NBA showdown quite a lot and I'm beginning to wonder why everyone dislikes sports games on the genesis? Ive been enjoying NBA showdown quite a bit yet its rated as one of the lower rated NBA games, why is this? I found the controls surprisingly smooth for a d-pad and the game play is great and very challenging , even on the easiest difficulty.

Any thoughts? Hope I haven't bored you out of your minds reading this

Kerran

Rev

Rev
Admin
Admin

I think alot of people move on after a new season comes around.

But also i think it is collectors that dont like them, there was alot made and there is no money to be made. There is really nothing wrong with the game itself.

Oh and welcome to the forum!

http://www.intvrevolution.com

sloan

sloan

Sport games for Genesis/Mega Drive are mostly hit and miss. Does NBA showdown have Marv Albert's voice, or is that another one I am thinking of?

There are many NFL and US college football games, though I am not too sure how many saw PAL release, along with FIFA Soccer and I even have a rugby game in my collection. If you like racing, then Outrun and Monaco GP are recommendable, along with Virtua Racing.

In hindsight, the Genesis/Mega drive was really a sports fan's paradise.

kerran156

Thanks for the replies and welcomes guys. I suppose your opinions are true, have any of you's played Nba showdown before? If so , what are your opinions on the game?

onthinice

onthinice
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

I have NBA Showdown for the Super Nintendo. I have only played it a few times. I like it but would recommend some others like NBA Live '96 and Bulls versus Lakers for the Genesis/Mega Drive. NBA Jam is another good title.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum